Outlook is the email account in daily use today. It both used for personal and commercial purposes. There are various security checks and parameters that need to be mentioned at the time of account registration like alternate email address and phone number. These details help recovery of the Outlook emails at the time of lost account password scenario. The alternate email address is the gateway to recovery of you email account.
The alternate address of Outlook can be changed or altered from account settings. New users have often come up Outlook customer service for the assistance to change the alternate email address. From the Outlook account settings all necessary changes can be made. This article will provide steps for changing the alternate email details on accounts page. Take help of the expert professionals if you are not able to change the details of your own.
Here are the steps to change the alternate email address on Outlook –
- First login to the Outlook account and get into the home page.
- After the login, click on the ‘Options’ link at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now click on ‘More Options’ link appearing at the bottom.
- Click on the ‘Account details’ link underneath ‘Managing your account’. It will take you to the page that will be displaying details including the name, required attributes, and ‘Password reset information’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ link to add a new email address in the place of present email address. Re-type the new password once more.
- Once the changes are done, click on ‘Save’.
This is the easy way to change the alternate email address from the Outlook account page. There are also other methods or processes to change the alternate email details and for that you need to contact the Outlook technical experts. Dial Outlook phone number for easy assistance. The helpline number can be the lifeline at certain occasions when the user doesn’t get any way to resolve the account trouble.